Hurry, ONLY 10 Spots Available!
Want to Play Football at the
Are You Prepared to Meet the Next Level Competition?
Do You Know What it Takes to Play at the Next Level?
There are certain levels of athleticism that are needed for success and allow the athlete to compete at higher levels. These levels can be referred to as Standards of Competition. These standards are further broken out for each sport / position and referred to as Sports Performance Metrics or Performance Metrics.
The sad fact is that most high school football players and their parents have no idea where they are athletically or what they need to focus on to get recruited to play College football.
Do you know what performance metrics you need to play at the next level?
- Do you know what size you need to be to play your sport/position?
- Do you know how tall and how much the average Division I Lineman weighs?
- Do you know how explosive you need to be to play your sport / position at the next level?
- Do you know what your vertical needs to be to be competitive as a running back in football?
- Do you know how fast you need to be to play your sport / position at the next level?
- Do you know how strong you need to be to play your sport / position at the next level?
- Do you know what a high school linebacker should be bench pressing?
- Do you know what you should be squatting as a high school football player?
Regardless of your position, it is very important that you understand exactly how big, strong, fast and explosive your competition is athletically and where you need to be to play at higher levels.
Do you know how you should be training and exactly what you should be doing “off the field” as a football player?
Unfortunately, at the high school level, most coaches, athletes and their parents don’t have the understanding or knowledge on how to most effectively train themselves or for the coach, train their athletes.
To be frank, coaches will stay away from students who can’t demonstrate that they are student athletes. This means creating a highly visible profile that makes it easy for coaches to recruit you.
While students are getting their assessments done, parents will take part in a sports-specific college admissions workshop. You will learn:
- How scholarships and financial aid work
- What coaches are looking for when it comes to academics
- What needs to be on your student athlete website
- Crucial recruitment timelines
- And MORE
You will build your student academic profile at this combine.
You'll also get a coupon for a FREE CONSULTATION with The Coaching Educator to plan your next academic steps and complete your academic profile.
1: You gain valuable measurable information about your skills/ability.
- Learn exactly where you are what areas you need to improve on.
- This gives you tangible information about your athleticism, so you can see just how you measure up against other athletes within your sport.
- Knowing the areas where you need improvement can be essential when competing against other athletes for scholarships.
- This allows you to develop your own personal road map to know where you are and where you need to go.
2: Verified statistics are extremely important for your recruiting profile.
- Having your vertical jump measured or getting timed in the Pro agility drill can definitely help in the recruiting process.
- These numbers can be posted on your recruiting profile page and sent to College coaches.
3: Athletic profiles that highlight your talent/stats/and educational records is necessary.
- Being able to highlight all of your statistics and provide information that makes it easy for coaches to keep track of you.
- Coaches are busy and use their phones to review and recommend students for admissions.
We Are Here to Help!
1. The first step in becoming a better football player is through Evaluation/Testing of your Sports Performance Metrics. We will test and evaluate all of your performance metrics. These performance measures are determined by a number of tests for athletic development including:
- Anthropometric Data
2. We will show you exactly where you stand and what you need to focus on to get better.
3. You will learn the 7 components Training Components that will take your Football to the next level!
4. We will explain in detail exactly how football players must train when they are not on the football field
- Learn why you must train specific various physical qualities
- Learn why these physical qualities must be present in order to advance to the next levels of football.
Sports Performance Metrics are a crucial key to your overall Football Development!
ONLY 10 Spots Available!
We are limiting the Ultimate Football Combine to the first 10 athletes so we can focus on the individual and give them quality feedback and information.
Many times in a large group, you will not get individualized attention and people get lost. The best way to improve quality of the combine is to limit the size so we can focus on each individual and give them the answers they seek.
Parents will have the opportunity to hear a presentation on scholarships, financial aid, and how to promote their athlete and make him highly visible.
This event will sell out fast! We encourage you to sign up as quickly as possible.
Much more than just evaluation & testing.
Get 100% confident in what you need to do to become a better football player and start the college recruiting process.
Get your Anthropometric Data, Strength, Power, and Speed & Agility info.
Learn the 7 Training Components that will take your football to the next level.
Learn the proven steps you need to do to get recruited.
Find out how coaches want to see your information, data, academics, and experience.
Find out the foundation for applying to scholarships and looking at the right schools for your budget.
About Matt Wattles
Matt Wattles, MS, Pn1 is the head Strength & Conditioning Coach and owner of Competitive Edge - Athletic Performance Center in Meridian, ID. He has a M.S. in Exercise Science and over 25 years’ experience in strength and conditioning as both an athlete and coach/trainer. Matt is a Past President of the American Society of Exercise Physiologist (ASEP), has published numerous articles in professional and research journals and been an invited presenter at national conferences throughout the country. He has founded two companies and owns 2 exercise and rehabilitation Patents.
As a Strength coach, Matt has helped hundreds of athletes earn college scholarships as well as having worked with numerous professional, Olympic and world class strength athletes.
Matt's practical experience, theoretical knowledge and immense background puts him on par with the very best in the athletic performance world.
If you’re serious about being the best, we are for you!
At Competitive Edge, we work directly with clients to create individualized training programs that help them compete at the next level. We do this through a thorough understanding of what it takes to play at the next level based on sport and position specific metrics. We then implement our scientifically proven training system of results to get athletes to the next level.
“If you are an aspiring athlete at any age, level or sport and located here in the greater Boise area there is no better place to train than Competitive Edge with Matt Wattles. Over the past few months I have worked with Matt I have learned more about my body and strength training than my previous five years as a college athlete and Kinesiology student.
Training under Matt’s program at Competitive Edge I have seen my strength numbers go through the roof. Not only that, at 260 lbs my speed, agility, and explosiveness are better than they were when I weighed 240.”
- Dan Paul (#47 - Fullback, Boise State University)
“In my short time at Competitive Edge, I made tremendous gains. In just 3 months, I put on 22 lbs, with 16 of those pounds as lean body mass. I improved my bench press by 60 lbs. and made significant improvements on all my other lifts. Competitive Edge has helped me prepare for the extreme physicality of Division 1 college football, and without going to Competitive Edge; I would not feel nearly as prepared.”
- Spencer King (Tight End, United States Air Force Academy)
“Matt worked with me to get me into the best shape of my life in the 10 weeks I was able to train with him and my numbers sky rocketed in that short time! I cut my body fat percentage and added a lot of lean body mass which is essential for any college offensive lineman. I have noticed such a difference not only in my athletic performance, but also my daily life. I feel healthier and more energized throughout the day. I am much quicker, more explosive and am by far the strongest I have ever been!
I plan on training with Matt throughout my football playing career. I highly recommend Matt and Competitive Edge to any athlete who is serious about maximizing their athletic potential.”
- Hunter Nettles (#63 - Offensive Guard, Boise State University)
"If you're looking for athletic performance, Competitive Edge will get you were you need to be.
Hands down best atmosphere for any athlete trying to get better."
- Wyatt Johnson (#10 - Defensive End, Idaho Horseman)
When is the Ultimate Football Combine?
Saturday, April 27 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where is the Ultimate Football Combine located?
Competitive Edge – Athletic Performance Center. 280 E. Corporate Dr, Suite # 120, Meridian, 83642.
(208) 288-5505. https://edgemeridian.com/
When is the Ultimate Football Combine?
Saturday, April 27 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
What is the cost to attend the Ultimate Football Combine?
Who can attend the Ultimate Football Combine?
The Combine is geared toward high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
Why are you limiting the Combine to 10 participants?
Our goal in offering this combine is to assist you and help in everyway possible. By limiting the combine to 10 so we can focus on the individual and give them quality feedback and information. Most combines have dozens, if not hundreds of athletes competing. In these large group settings, there is no way to get individual attention. We are keeping the numbers VERY low, to give you the every opportunity to have ALL of your questions answered.
This event will sell out fast! We encourage you to sign-up as quickly as possible.
What if I miss the deadline for this Combine?
You can still sign up, but you will be placed on a Waiting List for our next Ultimate Football Combine.
Again, this event will sell out fast! We encourage you to sign up as quickly as possible.
Why should I attend the Ultimate Football Combine?
Competitive Edge APC is the pioneers and leading authority on training athletes in the Treasure Valley. Our practical experience and theoretical knowledge is what makes us incredibly unique.
We have worked with hundreds of athletes that have gone on to play their sport in College. 95 percent of our athletes go on to compete at the collegiate level.
Can’t my son use the testing that he received from his school?
Sure, but is your son getting individualized information so you and your athlete can make informed decisions?
Will attending a combine potentially help me get recruited?
Yes. Posting your performance metrics from a reputable source can help your ability of being recruited.
The Coaching Educator will be onsite helping players understand the College and athletic recruiting process for players and parents. After the event, players will be assisted in creating their own Athletic Profile.
Can parents come to the Ultimate Football Combine?
Yes. We invite parents to come and learn more about testing, athletic training and the College recruiting process. However, please know that the space is limited. We ask that you list the number of people that are coming.
How do I get my results? How long does it take?
After the event, your official results will be emailed to your combine registration email within one week of the event you attended. You will leave the combine with a scorecard showing unofficial results.
What do I need to bring?
Players participating in the Ultimate Football Combine need to show up in workout clothing. We will be on an indoor turf floor, so bring appropriate shoes such as turf shoes and or athletic sneakers. * Track cleats are NOT allowed.